Balanced Diet and Yoga
The Bulk Energy Provider
Source Of Minerals:
On an average , man excretes daily 20 – 30 grams of mineral salts consisting of sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, chloride, sulphate & phosphates and this must be made good by an adequate intake of these mineral salts through our foods.
- An adult man & growing children for this nutrient is 0.4 – 0.6 g / day.
- I.C.M.R. (Indian Council of Medical Research) suggests a daily allowance of 1.0g.
Uses Rich Soueces
- It is required for the formation & maintenance of skeleton & teeth.
- It is required for the normal contraction of muscles to make limb muscles move.
- It is vital for contraction of heart muscles
- It is important in nervous activity & blood clotting.
- Calcium in bones helps maintain calcium level in plasma in the face of dietary calcium deficiency.
- Milk (butter milk, cheese & skim milk).
- Green leafy vegetables.
- Amaranth, fenugreek, drumstick leaves
- Millet Ragi
- Pseudocereals like grain amaranth.
Deficiency Disease: Brittle bones, Adverse effect in essential life processes.
Calculation: 1 g of protein =» 4.2 Kcal =» 16.8 kJ
Phosphorous:Uses Rich Soueces
- It is a component of nucleic acids
- Its esters play an important part in cellular metabolism of fats, carbohydrates etc.
- Oil seeds
The amount of iron absorbed from the diet is about 1 3 mg depending on sex & physiological status. So , the amount of iron in diet should be at least 10 25 fold of this.
Uses Rich Soueces
- It is vital for haemoglob information of the red blood cells.
- It plays an important role in the transfer of oxygen in the blood.
- This issues require a lot of iron for various oxidation – reduction reactions.
- Cereals Like Millets
- Green leafy