How To Do?
Warning : Pranayama must be learnt under expert guidance and after consultation from your physician.
Sit comfortably in any meditative posture. Sit erect. Be calm and close your eyes. Close the right nostril with the right thumb. Now inhale slowly through the left nostril and fill your lungs. After complete inhalation, press the left nostril with the ring finger of the right hand and close the left nostril. Open the right nostril, exhale slowly. After complete exhalation, again inhale through the right nostril and fill your lungs. Close the right nostril by pressing it with the right thumb. After opening the left nostril, breathe out slowly. This process is one round of Nadi Shudhi Pranayam.
What good can this do?
- Cleanses and tones up entire nervous system.
- People suffering from cough and cold benefit greatly.
- Heart is strengthened.
- Blocked nostrils are cleared.
- Removes mental tension and worries.
- Induces feeling of peace.