Matsya Kridasana is an Indian translation for Flapping Fish pose. The position
is called so as this resembles a flapping fish. This exercise is highly beneficial
for the rest of pregnant women; as by the time of 3rd trimester the tummy swells
inordinately which often causes restlessness. However even such women can practice
this asana with quiet ease. You can learn this asana as below:
- Lie on the stomach, with straight legs.
Now move the right knee upward, while maintaining the left leg straight.
Support the right cheek over the interlocked fingers.
- Retain both the palms downward.
- Try to touch the right knee with right elbow.
- Place the knee anywhere according to your comfort.
- Balance the entire body.
- Close the eyes with ease and mentally relax the body.
- Practice this at your comfortable time.
- Get back to Shavasana pose when the practice gets over.
- Physical- on relaxing the body and breathing.
- Spiritual - on Manipura Chakra.
- Stimulates digestive peristalsis.
- Rest during pregnancy.
- Fat reduction.