Padmasana is an Indian translation for the Lotus pose.
Padmasana holds the body stable for longer periods. As the
body is steadied the mind becomes calm. This steadiness and
calmness is the first step towards real meditation. During
padmasana the energy flow is towards sahsradhara from muladhara
heightening the meditational experience. The breathing gets
rhythmic and blood flow also remains slow. You can learn this
asana as below:
- Relaxing effect on the nervous system.
- Decreased muscular tension.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Coccygeal and sacral nerves are toned.
- Stimulates digestive process.
- Measured stability and steadiness.
- Mental and physical peace.