The primary aim of this asana is to relax the every bit of muscle and provide them
a deep repose. You can learn this asana as below:
- Lie down on the stomach over a clean yoga mat.
- Male persons may hold a thin pillow below their chest.
Stretch the hands above the shoulder with palms facing downward.
Let the forehead touch the mat and the elbow both the ears.
Keep the neck straight.
- Maintain comfortable distance between your legs.
- Mentally relax the spinal chord and lower torso.
Hold your arms straight but do not put any pressure on the belly.
- Concentrate on your stomach.
Breathe rhythmically and count inversely like the Corpse pose from 27 to 1.
Return back to the Corpse pose when the counting gets over.
- Physical - on relaxing the body, breathing and the counting.
- Spiritual - on Ajna or Manipura Chakra.
- Slipped disc.
- Hardness in the neck muscles.
- Stooping figure.
- 2nd or 3rd trimester pregnancy.