Namaskarasana is an Indian translation for Salutation
Pose. You can learn this asana as below:
Get in the primary position - Squat down with the legs and knees wide apart.
- Place the elbows against the inside of the knees.
- Maintain the body balance.
- Keep the spinal chord and the neck straight.
Now place both the hands to the chest in salutation pose.
- Breathe easy and natural.
- Inhale and move the head backwards.
At the same time press the knees apart with the elbows as wide as possible.
- This is the initial position.
- Hold the position while retaining the breath.
- Exhale out.
- Lessen the pressure on the elbow joints.
- Straighten the neck.
Apply pressure on the elbows and straighten the hand
Push in with the knees pressing the arms inward.
- Move the neck forward and allow the chin to touch the collarbone.
- Exhale out and pause for a while.
- This is the first cycle of exercise.
- Repeat this for ten times.
Recline in the Sukhasana pose when the exercise gets over.
- On the breath.
- Back of the neck stretch.
- Chest in the initial position.
- Shoulder muscles in the forward position.