Suptudarakarshana is an Indian translation for Sleeping Abdominal Stretch
pose. You can learn this asana as below:
- Get in the primary pose of Shavasana.
- Mentally prepare yourself for the exercise.
- Keep your eyes open.
- Breathe normal and easy.
- Bend the knees and place the soles flat on the floor.
Keep the knees and legs together throughout the exercise.
Interlock the fingers of both hands and place them below your head.
- This is the initial position.
Exhaling out bend the knees towards your left so that it touches the floor.
- Keep both of your legs together.
- Your right paw may spring up, which is quite natural.
- Now turn your neck towards right.
This will provide uniform twisting stretch to the entire spine.
- This is the final position.
- Hold the breath and count mentally up to 3 seconds.
Now inhale deep and raise both legs to the upright position.
Keep the elbow and shoulder on the floor throughout the exercise.
- Repeat this in the right direction.
- This is the first cycle.
- Exhale when you lower the legs to the sides.
- Hold the breath in the final position.
- Inhale when you raise the legs.
- Excellent stretch to the abdominal muscles and organs
- Improves the digestive system and eliminates the constipation.
- Removes the spinal problems by making them flexible.
- Relives the strain and stiffness due to prolonged sitting.
- Bumps off the extra fat around the waist.
- High blood pressure.
- Recent abdominal surgery.
- 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy.