Shava Udarakarshanasana is an Indian translation for
Universal Spinal Twist pose. You can learn this asana as below:
- Get in the primary position of Shavasana.
- Relax and remain conscious towards normal breathing.
- Mentally prepare yourself for this asana.
- Place both the legs together.
Stretch out your both the hands parallel to your shoulder with the palms touching the floor
- Keep the spinal chord and the neck straight.
- Keep your eyes open.
- Bend your right knee.
- Place the right sole on the left thigh.
- Keep the right leg straight.
Now raise your left hand and place the palm on the right knee.
- Inhale deep.
- This is the initial position.
Exhale out and allow the right knee to be pressed normally on floor towards the left side.
- Keep your left leg straight.
- Maintain the shoulder on the floor.
- Turn the neck to the right.
Pause for a while looking along the straight-arm and gaze at the middle finger of the right hand.
- This is the final moment of asana.
Inhale deep and raise your knees to get in the primary position.
- Straighten your neck and the right leg.
Out stretch your hands again parallel to the shoulder on the floor.
- Repeat this exercise with the left leg.
Practice once to each side, gradually extending the holding duration.
Get in the shavasana pose when the exercise is finally over.
- Relax and breathe easy.
For the maximum benefit perform this after those asanas which are strenuous on the lower back.
- Physical - Breath and the affected part of the waist.
- Spiritual - on Manipur Chakra.
- Pain around the hip area.