People who want peaceful surroundings, splendid nature, personal care and a homely atmosphere, healthy food, and yoga.
People who want to be away from the humdrum of the commercialized beaches, yet close enough to be able to conveniently reach the preferred beaches of Goa.
- looking for yoga classes;
- who want to enjoy the beaches without living "on the beach";
- who want to experience the other, nature-rich face of Goa
- want to explore local Goan culture and cuisine.
- want some peace and private atmosphere amidst verdant nature.
- want a personal touch to their stay.
Specifically designed as a "non-package" kind of holiday, this trip will provide you enough flexibility to learn about, experience and explore the Goa of your liking, while experiencing a homely feel.
From the time you are picked up on arrival and dropped to your hotel, till your departure back, your stay would also keep you connected to your Yoga practice under an able teacher.
Should you require our assistance at any time, the Health and Yoga's travel team will always be there for your guidance.
The hotel is well located, and you will be able to enjoy and explore Goa in the evenings. You shall be virtually in the lap of nature in a green valley, with the sweet songs of the bulbuls and birds of colorful plumage.
In this package we offer you
Our H&Y team will be always be there throughout your trip to guide you from the beginning to the end of tour. We shall be just a phone call away.
- Unique experience of stay at a heritage mansion under the personal care of a
- Goan family along with Yoga.
- Opportunity to enjoy the true, simple and local flavor of Goa, yoga , beautiful vegetation & beaches
- Opportunity to experience the real Goa hospitality while doing away with the "touristy" feel.
- All in all a package which offers improved health, yoga, provides personal attention and ample leisure time to explore local markets and Goa, including its beautiful beaches.
The lodging is a 200-year-old Portuguese mansion. It is a family-run heritage establishment set amidst the peace, tranquility and simplicity of the lovely valley of Assagao.
It is a very private place with personal attention provided by the owner couple, who run the place as a family-run hotel.
It comprises 20 modern but simple rooms, complementing the traditional Goan ambience.
The rooms are comfortable with a sitting area and a balcony.
They have a ceiling fan, showers with running hot/cold water for 24 hours, room service, prompt laundry service and a refrigerator.
The hotel nestles in the cool shade of aging mango trees and swaying coconut
palms, in traditional Goan style, on a naturally terraced landscape. It also has its own spice garden, where most of the spices and fruits are grown. The garden is ever blooming with a variety of flowers.
It's just a hill slope away from the famed Mapusa town and on the way to Anjuna beach.- the ultimate Goa destination for the European visitor.
Place of Interest near the Hotel:
- Yoga shala offering courses on Reiki ,Reflexology ,Metamorphosis ,Pranayama etc
- Multi-cuisine restaurant, specializing in typical Goan food, cooked in the traditional Goan way besides Continental and Indian dishes and often obliging with any particular dish a guest may desire.
- Well-stocked bar
- Evening entertainment includes occasional live bands.
- Cooking classes /Reiki /Metamorphosis /Foot Reflexology can be provided on request.
- Church of St. Cajetan, considered as one of the ten best churches in Goa,
- The Palotti Insititute of Philosophy and Oriental Religions
- A couple of springs
- A time-worn landmark known as "Cator".
This hotel is a favored haunt of tourists, who drop in for lunch or dinner en-route to Anjuna beach. It is situated between the highly popular Wednesday Flea Market in Anjuna , Friday Bazaar at Mapusa as well as the Saturday Ingo’s Night Market at Arpora.
The hotel is well-connected to with the most wondrous sandy beaches in North Goa – there is a local bus service that has a pickup/ drop point just outside the hotel. But many guests just prefer to hire a bike or a scooter during their stay (very common in Goa) and drive up and down at will to the beaches.Package Cost Includes:
Health and Yoga’s Travel Tips for Goa !!1.Goa Weather Guide for our guests:
- Pickup from Dabolim Goa Airport
- 7-day hotel stay
- All meals at the hotel (vegetarian)
- Yoga and Pranayama sessions
- Drop back to Goa Airport
October to early April- The best season to enjoy the beaches.
April to June – Very warm
July to September – Very wet
2. Since the weather is favorable in late October and November
and then, again in February to March
, it is perhaps the best time to be in Goa…. you can enjoy the spirit of Goa while avoiding the “rip off” tariffs and hotel supplements of December to January.
For late November to January
- expect costs of accommodation to go up by as much as 3 times.
3. Additional fun
for our guests visiting from October to April
Since the weather at this time of the year is comfortable and nature inviting, we have options of several interesting day tours.
- Backwaters of Goa (Full day)
- Elephant Jungle (Full day)
- Spice Plantation tours
Monday to Saturday : Morning at 6:30 to 7:30 am
Mon /Wed/Friday :Evening session at 5:30 to 7pm
2. Breakfast 8 am to 9am (Includes yogic juices & pulses)
3. Cooking classes at 10 am
4. Lunch :12 noon to 2 pm
5. Heritage walk at 3 pm around the village of Assagao (On Tuesday )
6. Visit to the sun set point at 5:30 pm (On Saturday)
Cooking classes /Reiki /Metamorphosis /Foot Reflexology can be provided on request.
Advice and Precautions
Do not entertain beggars and unsolicited strangers.
You need a VISA to travel into India. Please enquire with the VISA authorities in your country for more information.
a) More than 30 days: 20% of tour cost
b) 15-30 days: 30% of tour cost
c) 7-15 days: 50% of tour cost
d) 2-7 days: 75% of Tour cost
e) Less than 2 days or Cancellation/changes during the tour - No Refund
Be prepared for a wholesome experience including Yoga as well as relaxation at the beach.
Package does not include:
1) Any meals other than those mentioned above.
2) Any portage at Airport and Hotels tips, Laundry, Mineral water, Telephone charges and all items of personal nature and meals and drinks not specified in the inclusions.
3) Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
4) Parking Charges, Interstate Taxes & Entrances to the park, monuments, Guide charges
5) Any increase in taxes or fuel, leading to increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.