The Ayurvedic Fomentation Compress (Potli) contains a natural herbal dry fomentation powder made of aromatic herbs. The pain relief massage potli offers a natural way to relieve body pain through aromatic medicinal herbs.
The compress is made of pure, unbleached cotton which is skin-friendly. All the herbs are clinically proven for their health benefits and commonly used household items to treat various common ailments.
Directions: The procedure for massage is also very simple; roast or warm the contents of the compress in a pan for three to five minutes. Put them back in the compress. Apply it on the affected areas or over the whole body. Being reusable, the contents can be used up to 30 times.
Potli massage is an effective way of treating body aches, sprains, strains, swelling, low back pain and joint pain or stiffness etc. It also helps to open up the channels of lymphatic nodes.
The herbal ingredients of Potli include Rose Flower, Tesu Flower, Sandalwood, Ajwain (carom seeds), Rock Salt and Black Salt with rare herbs.
- Rose flower : It is antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory in nature. It is also an effective astringent which can reduce swelling of capillaries under the skin and widely used in treatment of dermatitis, scaly skin and eczema.
- Tesu flower : This herb has astringent, purgative, laxative, anti-cancer and aphrodisiacal properties.
- Sandalwood : It is a good moisturizing and hydrating and antispasmodic agent. Its medicinal properties include antiphlogistic, carminative, diuretic, expectorant, sedative and emollient, etc.
- Ajwain (carom seeds) : It has anaesthetic and anti-inflammatory properties; helps in rheumatic and arthritic pain.
- Rock salt : It stimulates the secretion of digestive juices which improves digestion thus helps in losing weight, also it opens up skin pores to improve circulation of skin and hydrates the cells which heals the skin.
- Black salt : it is very useful in various health issues such as indigestion, heartburn, constipation, goiter, hysteria and poor eyesight, etc.